Decorating children’s room is always a pleasure but it does entail a lot of hard work. You will have to keep note of a lot of things and you will have to make sure that you get every combination right and that too keeping within your budget. And it gets all the more interesting if you have twins. Whatever you do, you have to multiply it by 2- both the hard work as well as the pleasure.
So are you thinking about decorating your twins’ room? Well then you are surely in for a fun time! Here are some really cool tips that will help you to plan and make sure that you have the ideal decoration for your two lovelies’ room:
1. If you are short on space and you want to accommodate private spaces for the both of your children, then the ideal option is to go for bunk beds with storage. Let’s face it, beds take up a lot of space in the room and hence you have to make sure that you have the right size and more importantly the right kind of bed. When it comes to twins, the perfect option is to go for bunk beds, since they are not only great when it comes to saving room space but when they come coupled with storage, you can also careful stock away some of the important items that you use rarely.
2. You might consider going for a big wardrobe rather than two small ones since two will take up more space than one big one. This will also help in developing the habit of sharing between the two siblings and hence go a long way in forming a bond. And more importantly one will not be hankering for what the other has! The more they learn to share with each other, the more caring they become about each other.
3. Get the colour of the room right. Just because you have two girls does not mean that you need to have the walls painted pink or just because they are boys the walls have to be blue. Go for light and neutral shades like white or cream or peach. In fact kids will draw on the walls and hence it is best to get some light colour so that it can be painted over with ease.
4. May it be bunk beds with storage for children or any other piece of furniture for the room, do search for products online first and compare the prices and quality with the ones that you are getting at a store near you. You will have more options to choose from in this way and it will also help you make an informed and well choice buy.
5. And lastly, do not forget to plan a budget from beforehand. Keep a strict tab on the limit of your budget and get the shopping done accordingly. First get the essentials and then move on to buy the items of decor like wall papers, extra shelves etc.
These are some really useful tips that you will surely find handy when you decorate your twins’ room!