Having two boys at home is like having a hurricane. The two boys can be very troublesome and very cute at the same time. If you have a two bedroom house and cannot afford to put up your children in two different rooms, do not worry. The boys can be huddled up in one single room and if done properly, they will love the idea of living with each other in a single room.
Here are some wonderful ideas on how to make a single room comfortable for two boys –
- The boys have a single room, they must have their own personal space inside the room. So, provide individual personal spaces for both the kids in one single room. So, there must be two wardrobes, two study tables, two dressers and two of everything. This will ensure that the kids do not feel like they are adjusting or sacrificing anything.
- Two separate beds are a must because the kids need their space when they are having a good night’s sleep. Also, it makes the children much more independent and brave when they sleep alone. So, get two separate beds placed in different corners of the room. If the room is small and there is no space for two beds, the best idea is to provide bunk beds for young boy. Bunk beds are easy to use, take less space and enhance the interiors of the house. Vertical spaces will be really helpful when you do not have enough space but want to give your kids all that the need. It is a way of enhancing space.
- Two separate the stuff of the two boys, you can have a partition of the room. It doesn’t mean that you should place a wall between their stuff. You can just paint the walls in different colours. The wall that belongs to one child must be painted with his favourite colour and the other with the other one’s favourite colour. Same must be done with their closets, dressers, study tables and stuff. This way, as soon as you enter, you will know which area belongs to which child.
- When it comes to toys, books and other common stuff, make sure that they are stored in a common closet. This is to inculcate a bond between the kids. They must know the value of sharing from an early age. So, make sure that some of the things are deliberately not partitioned so that they enjoy sharing things with their siblings.
- Minimalism must be your mantra when you are decorating your kid’s room. They do not like fancy stuff and you cannot place delicate stuff all around because they will end up damaging the things that you had carefully chosen. So, make sure that you place only the necessary stuff in your kid’s room. Apart from the study table, book rack, carpet on the floor, closet, bunk beds and chairs, do not clutter the room with unwanted furniture.
Know that doing up a boy’s room is a lot easier when compared to the girl’s room. You can get inexpensive bunk beds for boy very easily.