We all know how important it is to furnish one’s room. However it is not sufficient just to decorate the room. You have to make sure that the furniture that you buy is a smart choice which will last long and will go nicely with your room. One of the trickiest rooms that you need to furnish in a home is a kid’s room. Read more “Bunk Beds: The Ideal Choice For Your Kids’ Room”
A major problem that we face these days is a crunch of space. While the rooms have become smaller and smaller in our homes and apartments, our demands and objects of use have increased with every passing day. So how do we combat this problem? Read more “Save Space, Use A Bunk Bed”
The bed colors used for the bed sheets comes at a very later stage, as before doing so, one needs to get a comfortable bedding for the luxurious bed. Starting with the process of choosing the perfect bedding, one may end up with some selected one that may even not go with the style and the comfort levels. Read more “Better Bedding Means Incorporating Bedroom Style As Per Need And Comfort!”
With the introduction of modular furniture designs, the possibilities of creating a highly custom creative room has become possible. There are many happy mothers’ spending words of joy and happiness while experiencing the best outcomes from utilising such modular furniture. One of the best types of modern furniture is the highly designed bunk beds. Read more “Create The Ultimate Space For The Kids To Have Fun At Home”
While a bedroom is the reflection of the person staying in it, you cannot say the same thing about a kid’s room. This is because kids do not have a say most of the times in how their bedrooms are done. So, the kid’s room also is the reflection of the adults, or how these adults perceive their kids. Instead of making your child’s room according to your fantasy, you must get your kids involved and take their suggestions to create a room that they will love to spend their time in.
There are a few things that you must remember while you are choosing a colour for your child’s room whether it’s the princess bunk bed with slide or the wall –
Know what kind of effect the colours will have on your child’s mind. Some colours can have soothing effect on their moods while some might just make them moody. So, learn what colours are healthy and what are not. Colours like red can be avoided as they represent strong moods. Mild and soft colours are preferred in a kid’s room.
What colour does your child like? What colour does your child hate to see every day? These are some questions that you must learn answers for before you begin to decorate your child’s room. The children have specific favourite when it comes to colours. Make sure that you include these colours in their room.
It is not necessary that you include five colours if your child likes five colours. At the end of the day the room must look elegant and pleasant. So, do not let your love for your kids override your common sense. Know what colour will go well with the room and choose it.
When you are painting your child’s room, you must not just think of making it fun for your child, but also if it is going to seem nice after a few years. Today your child may like a concept, but will he like the same concept after two years? If not then it is surely going to hurt your pockets badly. So, be sure of the concept that you are using to decorate your child’s room.
Here are some colours that you can use for your child’s room –
Yes, it may seem boring but is the colour of all times. Once you have got a white room, it will last for many years. As far as adding some colours, you can always do that by adding curtains, toys, frames, and accessories of those colours.
This is a colour that is bright, fun and young. It’s a colour that can stay put even as your child grows into a teenager.
This is an apt colour if you have a small daughter. She is just going to love her pale pink colored room. Pink kids bunk bed with slide are also cool for girls.
The colour theme of a room will decide 90% of the entire look of the room. So, you must be very choosy in picking a colour for your child’s room.
Your child must be taught to be independent from a very young age. And the first step to achieve this by helping your child to sleep alone. When I say alone, it doesn’t have to literally mean alone. If you have two or more kids, they all can sleep together in a separate room. The idea is to encourage them to have their own individual space and bedroom and stop occupying their parent’s room.
Here are some ways in which you can encourage your kids to be independent –
The bed is the most important thing that you need during your sleeping hours. Make your child’s bed attractive and they will love to sleep in their own bed. You can buy colourful beds or themed beds that are attractive for the kids. Children’s Midi Sleeper Space Saver Bunk Beds will allow your children to sleep together, but yet have their own space. Beds that are superhero themed or sea themed are a rage among the boys while the girls love princess beds or fairytale themed beds.
Pillows and sheets –
When you sleep, you need to have comfortable pillows and sheets to fall asleep instantly. Add a lot of pillows and cushions to your child’s bed. Let the pillows and the bed be soft and smooth. Choose pillow covers that are interesting such as emoticons, minions or star wars theme. The sheets should also be cozy and warm.
In a child’s room, especially during the nights the lighting becomes very important. Have bright lights in your kid’s room to use while they are studying or playing. For the night, you can put up a bedside lamp for reading and a small light that can be on all night in case your child is scared of darkness. Sensor lights are also cool as they switch on according to your child’s movement in the room. To be more creative, you can add a night sky themed radium stickers on the ceiling which looks exactly like the night sky when the lights go off. With the stars and the moon, your child will feel as if he is sleeping in the open.
Place the furniture in your child’s room in such a way that it won’t come in the way of your child when he moves around in the night. Especially when he wants to go to the bathroom or the kitchen during the night, your child must not topple on some furniture and hurt himself. So, keep the room clutter free and easy to move around in.
Your child may be a bit skeptical about sleeping alone. So, you can just give him a few soft toys or teddy bears that can sleep with him. When your child hugs the toys and sleeps, he is going to sleep well for sure.
From adding cheap Midi Sleeper Space Saver Bunk Beds to keeping the light on all night, there are many ways in which you can make your child sleep alone and learn to enjoy his own personal space.
To all parents their daughters are princesses. They wish to provide their daughters with all the happiness in the world. While all of us can’t build a palace for our daughters, we can make their rooms look nothing less than a palace.
Here are six ways in which you can convert a normal room into a beautiful habitat for your daughters –
Make it colorful –
Unlike the boys, daughters love colours. They love all kind of pastel colours varying from beige to pink. So know what colors your daughters love and try to bring in all the colours into the room. You can have the walls colored pink while the beds can be of peach colour and the blankets can be in red colour while the pillows are silver. You can play with all the colours in the palette and nothing is going to look over the top in a young girl’s room.
Princess bed –
Your darling daughter can sleep like a princess if you get her a princess bed. You can get different types of princess beds in the market and they all add a regal look to the house. If you have two daughters sharing the room, you can just buy two princess beds. Or, if there is a shortage for space, the better idea is to buy princess bunk bed with slide that not only saves space, but is also very royal.
Make it fun –
Girls are all about fun. So, make sure you add a lot of fun things into the room such as a friend’s corner can be added. In a corner, place floor cushions, head rests to create a cozy corner for all the girly gossip sessions that your daughters have. Try and make each thing in the room fancy and fun. Use a lot of flowers, pompoms and cushions. Girls love colorful and soft stuff. So, the room must be decked up properly. Whimsical stuff on the wall such as photo frames, quotes, toys are also appreciated.
Though the room must look pretty, it must also be easy to walk around in. so make sure that there is enough space to walk around freely. Throw in a pretty floor carpet too. Use only furniture that is necessary. A closet, study table, dressing table and a bed side table are the only stuff that you must keep in your daughter’s room to make it functional.
Be practical –
As you try to make your daughters fantasies come true, you must also be a practical parent. Do not do anything that is not usable in a couple of years. So make sure that when you use colours, it is only on pillows, bedding, walls and accessories. This is because, as your daughters grow their tastes are also going to change and you will not be spending more to change these stuff. But, the furniture, children’s slide bunk bed cannot be replaced every few years so let them be of a neutral colour such as white.
Though you do not have a big house, a simple room can be renovated to make and feel like a palace for your darling daughters.
Unlike the bedrooms of adults, a child’s bedroom can be decorated in many ways. There are more dos than don’ts when you are doing a child’s room. There will be no restrictions and rules to go by because you can be as carefree as the child itself. A child’s room has to be interesting as well as fun. As soon as the little ones enter the room, they should find it attractive and interesting to dwell in.
So, here are a few tips to make your child’s room fun and interesting –
- If you have two or more kids, you can use bunk beds instead of separate beds. This is going to give you more space that can be utilized to do other interesting things. Kids bunk beds with storage are a plus point because you get space for storage too.
- If dedicating an entire room for toys is impossible, you can have a play area inside the room itself. Your kids can enjoy playing with their toys in that particular corner without creating a mess in the entire room.
- A tiny library is also necessary inside the room. Your kids must catch the habit of reading from a young age, so encourage their reading habits by placing a book rack stacked with some good books. Add a tiny and comfy chair next to the book shelf and that becomes your child’s library.
- When it comes to the colour theme of the room, ask your kids and get their suggestions. Do try and add the colours that they like. Also, the room can be themed according to their favourite superhero or storybook character. You don’t have to paint superheroes all over the wall. Just a painting in one corner and cushions with the covers of the superheroes will do.
- Put up bright colored curtains to make the room bright and fun. Always use bright and jolly colours in your child’s room because you may not be able to it ones they grow up and start liking subtle colours.
- If the room is big enough, you can also put up a tent in a corner. This is going to be the main attraction of your kid’s room. It can also double as your child’s play area. A tent is what the kids to love to live in.
- A study table is a must in your kid’s room. You can make it a bit gun by adding some quotes from famous scientists on the study area wall. You can also place a globe and a periodic table on the study table to keep your kid alert.
- Instead of the boring regular chairs, you can use bubble chairs, fancy leather chairs, and small recliners in your kid’s room.
- Add a lots of cushions, floor cushions, pillows in your kid’s room to make it colourful and comfortable. Choose each cushion cover according to your kid’s choice.
- If space permits, you can have a hide out kind of place above the bed. The loft is going to be your child’s hiding place on the fun kids bunk beds with storage.
These are some great ideas to make your child’s space interesting.
Having two boys at home is like having a hurricane. The two boys can be very troublesome and very cute at the same time. If you have a two bedroom house and cannot afford to put up your children in two different rooms, do not worry. The boys can be huddled up in one single room and if done properly, they will love the idea of living with each other in a single room.
Here are some wonderful ideas on how to make a single room comfortable for two boys –
- The boys have a single room, they must have their own personal space inside the room. So, provide individual personal spaces for both the kids in one single room. So, there must be two wardrobes, two study tables, two dressers and two of everything. This will ensure that the kids do not feel like they are adjusting or sacrificing anything.
- Two separate beds are a must because the kids need their space when they are having a good night’s sleep. Also, it makes the children much more independent and brave when they sleep alone. So, get two separate beds placed in different corners of the room. If the room is small and there is no space for two beds, the best idea is to provide bunk beds for young boy. Bunk beds are easy to use, take less space and enhance the interiors of the house. Vertical spaces will be really helpful when you do not have enough space but want to give your kids all that the need. It is a way of enhancing space.
- Two separate the stuff of the two boys, you can have a partition of the room. It doesn’t mean that you should place a wall between their stuff. You can just paint the walls in different colours. The wall that belongs to one child must be painted with his favourite colour and the other with the other one’s favourite colour. Same must be done with their closets, dressers, study tables and stuff. This way, as soon as you enter, you will know which area belongs to which child.
- When it comes to toys, books and other common stuff, make sure that they are stored in a common closet. This is to inculcate a bond between the kids. They must know the value of sharing from an early age. So, make sure that some of the things are deliberately not partitioned so that they enjoy sharing things with their siblings.
- Minimalism must be your mantra when you are decorating your kid’s room. They do not like fancy stuff and you cannot place delicate stuff all around because they will end up damaging the things that you had carefully chosen. So, make sure that you place only the necessary stuff in your kid’s room. Apart from the study table, book rack, carpet on the floor, closet, bunk beds and chairs, do not clutter the room with unwanted furniture.
Know that doing up a boy’s room is a lot easier when compared to the girl’s room. You can get inexpensive bunk beds for boy very easily.
In modern times, it is no longer fiscally very sane to have huge houses with sprawling spaces, especially in the big cities where the land rates and the real estate rates are super high. Most of us may be able to only afford moderate housing spaces. This can create a problem of storage of items and other articles in the home. As Indians, we love to shop and hence we tend to buy a lot of items and bring it back home. But, with modest living spaces, we cannot accommodate all the things we buy in an adequate manner.
Therefore, we need to look at ways to save space in our homes.
Being smart and getting kids bunk beds with storage instead of getting separate beds for our kids can result in a lot of saved space. The storage aspect of these bunk beds is the real unique selling point. They allow for us to store all items such as clothes, bags, utensils, old items and even some important documents. When you have storage attached with the bunk beds, it means that you are completely utilizing the space and hence there is no wasted space because of the beds.
Also, you can get sofas with storage which will help you hide away everyday items in the house that can make the house look messy if left outside.
Optimizing One Room at a Time
If you try to optimize your whole home at once for space, it may become very overwhelming and thus it is not a very good option. It is recommended to start with a single room and then move from there. One place you can start from is your kids room, you can introduce a fun kid’s bunk beds with storage so that you are keeping your kid entertained and happy as well as at the same time saving a lot of space where you can keep your kid’s clothes, toys or books and accessories.
Utilizing the Attic Space
Attic space is often left unused and old items and articles are left in the main areas of the house itself. Make sure that when you are not using an item for a long time, you push them off to the attic space where it can be stored until it has some further use. If you feel that you are not going to use certain items ever again in the future, you are better off selling them to someone else and making some money from them.
If you do not have an attic space in your house, you can create small partitions near the ceiling of each room and use it to store items that you are not going to use for a long time.
Therefore, you have just learnt how to save a lot of space in your house by doing some very simple things. Once you have saved all of this space, you can use it for other things like furniture etc. So, what are you waiting for? Go and make your home more space filled!