One of the key things that you have to remember when you decorate your kid’s room is that as your kid grows up (and they grow up faster than you would want them to!), more and more things will keep piling up in their room. From old toys to new study books, your kid’s room will always be full of things that neither you nor your child will want to part with.
Well so how do you manage to keep the room clean and find a space where you can neatly store and arrange all these stuff? Well there are a number of options that you can use when it comes to increasing storage space, starting from using childrens bunk beds with drawers to using toy baskets. Here are some ways through which you can definitely maximise the amount of storage space in your kid’s room:
1. The first thing that you can do is get a study cum sleeping unit. These are basically meant as a place where your kid can both study as well as sleep. That is the study table comes at the bottom level along with some storage drawers and then a small flight of stairs connects it with the upper level which has a bed in it. It is like a bunk bed, only that the lower level contains a study table instead of a bed. These are compact and hence you will have a lot of room in the room where you can store items in neat baskets or chests.
2. One of the best ways to maximise storage space is by using study tables that come with storage spaces and drawers. These can be used as a great option if you are planning on keeping books and old copies of your child. You will be able to use these cabinets to store important papers as well.
3. Well if you have two kids and one room for them and you also want to make sure that you can have as much storage space in the room as possible then start looking for bunk beds with drawers online. The lower most level of this two tier bed is fitted with drawers which can be pulled out and this can be used for storing blankets, woollen clothes and lot of other important things that might otherwise clutter the room.
4. Using toy baskets which are widely available these days is also a very colourful storage option for your kid’s room. These generally come in polyester and you can keep the toys stacked away neatly in them and you can teach your kids to do the same too.
5. Last but not the least, if you want to make things a little bit more fun, then you can use wooden or wicker chests for storing clothes of regular wear. These look great in a room and your kids will surely enjoy its presence in their room as well.
Thus with the right kind of furniture and with proper planning you will be very easily be able to organise and increase the storage space in your kid’s room!