Unlike the bedrooms of adults, a child’s bedroom can be decorated in many ways. There are more dos than don’ts when you are doing a child’s room. There will be no restrictions and rules to go by because you can be as carefree as the child itself. A child’s room has to be interesting as well as fun. As soon as the little ones enter the room, they should find it attractive and interesting to dwell in.
So, here are a few tips to make your child’s room fun and interesting –
- If you have two or more kids, you can use bunk beds instead of separate beds. This is going to give you more space that can be utilized to do other interesting things. Kids bunk beds with storage are a plus point because you get space for storage too.
- If dedicating an entire room for toys is impossible, you can have a play area inside the room itself. Your kids can enjoy playing with their toys in that particular corner without creating a mess in the entire room.
- A tiny library is also necessary inside the room. Your kids must catch the habit of reading from a young age, so encourage their reading habits by placing a book rack stacked with some good books. Add a tiny and comfy chair next to the book shelf and that becomes your child’s library.
- When it comes to the colour theme of the room, ask your kids and get their suggestions. Do try and add the colours that they like. Also, the room can be themed according to their favourite superhero or storybook character. You don’t have to paint superheroes all over the wall. Just a painting in one corner and cushions with the covers of the superheroes will do.
- Put up bright colored curtains to make the room bright and fun. Always use bright and jolly colours in your child’s room because you may not be able to it ones they grow up and start liking subtle colours.
- If the room is big enough, you can also put up a tent in a corner. This is going to be the main attraction of your kid’s room. It can also double as your child’s play area. A tent is what the kids to love to live in.
- A study table is a must in your kid’s room. You can make it a bit gun by adding some quotes from famous scientists on the study area wall. You can also place a globe and a periodic table on the study table to keep your kid alert.
- Instead of the boring regular chairs, you can use bubble chairs, fancy leather chairs, and small recliners in your kid’s room.
- Add a lots of cushions, floor cushions, pillows in your kid’s room to make it colourful and comfortable. Choose each cushion cover according to your kid’s choice.
- If space permits, you can have a hide out kind of place above the bed. The loft is going to be your child’s hiding place on the fun kids bunk beds with storage.
These are some great ideas to make your child’s space interesting.