If you are planning to redesign your child’s room, the first thing that must have come to your mind must have been the bed. When a toddler grows into a teen his size increases and he will of course need a bigger bed. When you go to a showroom you will be given a lot of options to choose from, but being prepared from beforehand will help you make a better decision.
If you are not satisfied with the beds available in the stores nearby or the showroom, then you can always decide to order one online. It is really easy as you can choose what you want from your house and it will get delivered at your doorstep. The internet will even offer you a lot more varieties. You can even buy bunk bed with desk online. Such rare designs are not available in the normal markets but if you search the internet you can find different varieties of it. If you have more than one child then bunk beds will be the best option for you. They take up less space that two single beds or even a double bed. Certain things which you should keep in mind when buying a bunk bed are:
- Budget– The amount of money you can spend on the bed alone is very crucial in deciding the type of bunk bed you can bring home. Some of the designs cost a lot more than the basic ones.
- Space– Though the horizontal space taken up by a bunk bed is pretty less when compared with the other types of beds, it requires a specific amount of vertical space. You can’t put a bunk bed in a room with a low ceiling. Before you buy a bunk bed, measure your ceiling height and match it with the bed.
- Requirements– Ascertain your specific needs prior to buying the bunk bed. Consult your children, take their opinions on it. Make sure what exactly you will be looking for in the bed beforehand. It will make you come to a concrete decision sooner.
There are many different types of bunk beds available in today’s time. Some of the most commonly found ones are:
- Basic Bunk Bed– as the name suggests this is the most simplest of the bunk bed available. It is very commonly found. Two single beds are placed one over the other. A ladder is provided to reach the upper bed.
- L-Shaped Beds– These bunk beds are quite like the basic bunk beds but in a different configuration. Instead of being exactly on top of the lower bed, the two beds make a 90 degree angle between them which gives them the L-shape.
- Basic Loft– This type of bunk bed includes a bed on top of an empty space. You can turn the empty space into anything you want. Instead of buying children’s bunk beds with desk,you can opt for this one and turn the empty space into a study space for your child.